1. Rails Web Developer
Circle Software develops a cloud application which until now has mainly been used by bookshops and publishers. We started in New Zealand but are now rapidly expanding in Australia. We want a developer help us get through the work load and to develop and improve the code base.
As a small company we are dedicated to making a world class product but are relaxed about how and when you do it. You will get the opportunity to play a large part in the development of the product and direction it takes.
- Pivotal Tracker for project management
- NewRelic for performance analysis
- GitHub for source control
- Generally Mac or Linux for the desktop environment
- Rails 3 on MySQL
- Ubuntu web servers
YOU MUST HAVE
- A good command of and Solid experience with Ruby/Ruby on Rails, MYSQL, be committed to and apply programming best practice.
- Familiarity with Linux web servers
- Know how to build automated tests using RSPEC test framework.
- Design and maintain SQLServer Databases and be able to review and optimize sql queries to improve database performance.
- Development experience with a large scale SAS application for business.
- Be reliable and produce tidy code
- Good communication skills in English
IDEALLY SHOULD HAVE
- Have experience with both rails 3 and 4
- c++ experience
- Have experience in and understand the Agile development process and tools.
Nice to have:
- Linux webserver admin skills
- An eye for design and experience with design programs
- Skills in on page SEO
- An understanding of the retail environment or retail systems.
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- 1 – 2 years programming experience
– List your experience in relation to the points above
– Answer the following problem inline in your application. Applications that don’t have this will be ignored.
Problem 1: Write code in ruby to calculate the check digit of an ISBN13 barcode
The algorithm is:
Take each digit, from left to right and multiply them alternatively by 1 and 3
Sum those numbers
Take mod 10 of the summed figure
Subtract 10 and if the end number is 10, make it 0
Example for 978014300723:
(9×1) + (7×3) + (8×1) + (0×3) + (1×1) + (4×3) + (3×1) + (0×3) + (0×1) + (7×3) + (2×1) + (3×3)
86 mod 10 = 6
10 – 6 = 4
Therefore the complete ISBN is: 9780143007234
Send applications to email@example.com
2. Sales and Marketing assistant